Saturday, March 6, 2010

"EAT. drink. bowl."



What is greater than bowling shoes and sliders?

 

Only that at The Alley, you can eat one while wearing the other. I recently went on a date. As it usually goes, the question asked is, 

"Where do you want to go for dinner?" 



My answer: The Alley. 



It wasn't a bowling date, but a dinner date. Going out to dinner at a bowling alley? I know, I know, sounds very unlikely, especially for a girl's choosing. But little Liza lou had heard they had reopened the restaurant in The Alley, and with a quick google, came to find out, that this bowling alley in particular, has a killer menu


Any menu containing a Caesar salad, must be tried. You heard me correctly ladies, salad at a bowling alley. And I will admit, I will judge a place by it's Caesar. This one, thumbs up. Just like I give the menu, which  is pleasantly priced, simple, yet creative (grill cheese bites with tomato soup, come on, how cool). It is true to the South, and from what I tasted, real good too. 
 
It was unlike any other date destination.  As we pulled into the parking deck (that alone, a rarity on Hillsborough St.), the rumbles of bowling balls could be heard above us. And as we walked through the doors, I was all smiles. It is a big place with lots to take in. All kinds of people were hanging out-enjoying themselves, Michael Jackson was playing, and it was more fun than I had seen all week.

 

What I loved most, is it has an old school charm that is hardly around anymore. It can be seen down the lanes, on the walls, even the bathrooms. And every romantic bone in my body adored the checkered covered tables in the restaurant. 

That, the sliders, the salad, the atmosphere, it all said...this is my kinda place. And it really is making Raleigh a better place. I credit the venue for such a hit date, and I even got a lil typs on a beer, okay, two. We didn't bowl, but that's the thing...

You can go to The Alley to EAT, to drink, or to bowl.

 

But with all three, it's a definite strike!




No comments:

Post a Comment